The Layne Beachley Aim for the Stars Foundation grant
Please find below a link to the The Layne Beachley Aim for the Stars Foundation grant, it was created to inspire girls and women across Australia to dream and achieve.
- The grant is open to Females, 12 years of age and above; and
- Females who aim to achieve their goals in their field of choice
Grants will be awarded, at the discretion of the Foundation, to deserving applicants who meet the criteria and best demonstrate their aspirations to further their educational and/or personal development.
WHAT THE GRANT INVOLVES
The Foundation will award a minimum of $60,000 worth of grants each year. Successful applicants will receive a financial grant in accordance with the following amounts and conditions:
$1,500 – "Kickstart" Grant, 12 to 16 years
$1,500 – "Environmental" Grant, 12 years and above
$3,000 – "Individual" Grant, 16 years and above
$3,000 “Athlete with a Disability” Grant – 16 years and above
$6,000 – "Group" Grant, 2 or more people 12 years and above
"Individual", "Athletes with a Disability" and "Group" Grants will be paid in two instalments. The first instalment will be paid once the successful applicants have been announced. The second instalment will be made upon the Foundation receiving a mid year update of the applicants progress.
Grant recipients may be asked to contribute to the Aim for the Stars website by way of photos, interviews and stories about their quest to reach their goals.
Applicants are expected to submit a application form and information detailing why they deserve to receive sponsorship from the Layne Beachley Aim for the Stars Foundation.
Your application should cover:
- Your goals and how you plan to achieve them
- Evidence of your commitment and dedication to your goal
- How the grant will assist in achieving your goals and how you propose to use the funding
- Records of your academic, career and competitive history
- Evidence of membership with relevant association
- Two references to support your application eg. school principle, coach or member of relevant association
Please click on 'Checklist' to see what your application should include.
Applications close 11 November annually.
Successful applicants will be advised in February the year following submission.